As I child, I distinctly remember the day that I realized that my parents were just real people, and not the perfect constructs that, up until that point, I had imagined in my mind.
We all reach a point in our lives where we realize that we are a lot like our parents, and we figure out that being like our parents isn’t so bad…in fact, it can be amazing!
You are who you are because of the experiences you have had to date, and it is up to you to love yourself right now, and create what you need for yourself going forward. Accept yourself for who you are and be thankful for the experiences that you have been given, but don’t ever limit yourself based on that. You are incredible and you can do anything.
Be thankful to your parents for everything they have given you, including all the great learning experiences. Without them, you would not be you.
Sending lots of love to my Mom and Dad. They are responsible for getting me here.
Latest posts by Tina O'Connor (see all)
- Waste not, Want Not: Reuse your Water, Simply. - May 6, 2015
- Go after what you want! - April 30, 2015
- Buckle Up – 2015 is Going To Be An Exciting Year! - January 15, 2015
- We Enjoyed Meeting You! - December 9, 2014
- Come & See Us at the National Women’s Show in Toronto this Weekend - November 6, 2014