The other night, in the midst of a crazy Calgary spring snowstorm, our power went out for 2 hours. Thankfully, the shutdown happened just as we sat down to eat our dinner. Having no power helped me realize how lucky I am to have the everyday luxuries of running water, a heated home, indoor cooking facilities, and lights that can be easily be turned on and off.
Sometimes, it takes going without something to really appreciate the value of having it. When we are used to having things, we tend to forget how much enjoyment and value we get out of them…until they are gone. Today, I would encourage you to write down 3 things that you are thankful to have in your life, and send out a “thank you” to the Universe for providing it. Happy Saturday!
Latest posts by Tina O'Connor (see all)
- Get your dose of daily Yoga in 8 minutes! - June 7, 2017
- It’s a GREAT Friday with $1.99 Kobo Ebooks All Day! - April 14, 2017
- Making Good Friday Great with a Big EBook Sale! - April 7, 2017
- Waste not, Want Not: Reuse your Water, Simply. - May 6, 2015
- Go after what you want! - April 30, 2015