Ringing in the New Year this year, I was struck by how profound it was to actually celebrate the start of something new. The excitement that built as we anticipated the arrival of midnight was intense and exciting. Everyone got ready and made sure they were close to the person they wanted to kiss or hug once New Year hit. We were so excited, we started our countdown at 30. By the time we hit “Happy New Year!” the volume in the room was high!
As I went around the room to collect my New Year hugs, I realized something. New Year’s is the perfect time to replenish energy through hugging! You can really get in a lot of hugs all at once, and it feels amazing. The entire room was filled with a buzz of excitement, energy and emotion. You could feel all of the optimism, wonder, and mystery as we welcomed in a new year filled with unknowns, mixed with the many feelings we all had of saying goodbye to another year.
Being surrounded entirely by family and friends in one room was like the icing on the cake of this last year. And a perfect way to start out a fresh new year.
The year of 2012. A year of change. A new start. A clean slate. This is your year. Namaste.
Latest posts by Tina O'Connor (see all)
- It’s a GREAT Friday with $1.99 Kobo Ebooks All Day! - April 14, 2017
- Making Good Friday Great with a Big EBook Sale! - April 7, 2017
- Waste not, Want Not: Reuse your Water, Simply. - May 6, 2015
- Go after what you want! - April 30, 2015
- Buckle Up – 2015 is Going To Be An Exciting Year! - January 15, 2015