Christmas day is fast approaching, and I can feel the excitement oozing out of my children. They are so excited about their presents. Living in North America, it is so easy to forget how lucky we are to have the lifestyles that we do, compared to other people living in impoverished countries around the world. Christmas is the season of giving, and I would like to encourage you to think outside of your own family for gift giving this year. There are a lot of people less fortunate than you, and helping someone out can really make your heart swell with joy. In our family, we always choose a charity or family to give to each year. We “give up” our gift exchange and give the money we would have spent to someone who needs it more than we do. I would encourage you to find a way to give to someone less fortunate than you this Christmas. Help someone have a Christmas Dinner, or help a family buy a present for their children. Make food bank donations, or donate your time to help out an organization. Think about giving and helping and sharing, and together we will make this holiday season brighter for everyone. Namaste.
Latest posts by Tina O'Connor (see all)
- Waste not, Want Not: Reuse your Water, Simply. - May 6, 2015
- Go after what you want! - April 30, 2015
- Buckle Up – 2015 is Going To Be An Exciting Year! - January 15, 2015
- We Enjoyed Meeting You! - December 9, 2014
- Come & See Us at the National Women’s Show in Toronto this Weekend - November 6, 2014