Communication is the key in any relationship. Communication requires that you express yourself honestly, and also be able to listen carefully. It requires that you take turns, and be respectful, and not take things personally. It also requires that you ask for clarification in a non emotional way when you simply do not understand where someone is coming from. If you are too emotional, it is always better to indicate that you need to walk away than to stay and say something you might regret. The goal is to have each party involved in the communication feel that they have been heard, and that there is understanding. Fixing a problem may not necessarily be a required result of communication. Take the time to appreciate where each person involved in the communication is coming from and it will help you respond in a way that will help everyone. Think win-win for everyone involved. Happy chatting! Namaste.
Latest posts by Tina O'Connor (see all)
- Get your dose of daily Yoga in 8 minutes! - June 7, 2017
- It’s a GREAT Friday with $1.99 Kobo Ebooks All Day! - April 14, 2017
- Making Good Friday Great with a Big EBook Sale! - April 7, 2017
- Waste not, Want Not: Reuse your Water, Simply. - May 6, 2015
- Go after what you want! - April 30, 2015