Communication is the key in any relationship. Communication requires that you express yourself honestly, and also be able to listen carefully. It requires that you take turns, and be respectful, and not take things personally. It also requires that you ask for clarification in a non emotional way when you simply do not understand where someone is coming from. If you are too emotional, it is always better to indicate that you need to walk away than to stay and say something you might regret. The goal is to have each party involved in the communication feel that they have been heard, and that there is understanding. Fixing a problem may not necessarily be a required result of communication. Take the time to appreciate where each person involved in the communication is coming from and it will help you respond in a way that will help everyone. Think win-win for everyone involved. Happy chatting! Namaste.
Latest posts by Tina O'Connor (see all)
- Waste not, Want Not: Reuse your Water, Simply. - May 6, 2015
- Go after what you want! - April 30, 2015
- Buckle Up – 2015 is Going To Be An Exciting Year! - January 15, 2015
- We Enjoyed Meeting You! - December 9, 2014
- Come & See Us at the National Women’s Show in Toronto this Weekend - November 6, 2014