Today is the day that we are supposed to tell the people we love how much we love them. There is an expectation that one will receive flowers, chocolates, jewelery or a beautiful, romantic night out.
I love the idea of Valentine’s Day in that we tell people we care about them and appreciate them. What I do not like are all of the expectations that we have placed on one day. I think we should consider every day to be like Valentine’s Day and not wait for one day to tell our loved ones how we feel. And I also do not think you should feel pressured to spend a lot of money on something to give to your loved ones as a sign of affection.
Making a homemade card with an affectionate saying on it, or writing a love note and giving it to someone can be more powerful than any diamond bracelet. (don’t get me wrong, diamonds are still a girls best friend…)
Don’t wait for Valentine’s Day. Say “I Love You” everyday with your words and with your actions. Getting flowers on a day that is not Valentine’s Day will surprise your sweetheart even more.
Express your love everyday and always try to maintain an element of surprise. Everyone loves a good surprise. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Latest posts by Tina O'Connor (see all)
- It’s a GREAT Friday with $1.99 Kobo Ebooks All Day! - April 14, 2017
- Making Good Friday Great with a Big EBook Sale! - April 7, 2017
- Waste not, Want Not: Reuse your Water, Simply. - May 6, 2015
- Go after what you want! - April 30, 2015
- Buckle Up – 2015 is Going To Be An Exciting Year! - January 15, 2015