Most of us have dreams, and many of us have big ones, but only a few of us actually see them through.
Ideas, brilliance and genius – they all mean nothing without the guts, passion and tenacity necessary to make your dream a reality. You need to want to ‘Be That Girl’ ! But often, people fall back on excuses and give up on trying to reach their goals.
Ditch the excuses and start thinking more positively!
• Avoid blaming others.
Small-minded people are cranky and eager to point out others’ mistakes, in hopes of making others feel inadequate. Don’t blame anyone, for any reason, ever.
• Stop working on things that just don’t matter.
Not everything needs to be done in place of sleep. If you work for a boss, then you owe them solid time. You can’t cut that out. You can, however, cut out television time, meetings and anything else that gets in the way of achieving your goals. Replace entertainment with activity toward your goal.
• Refuse to let yourself wallow in self-doubt. You’re alive to succeed!
Stop comparing your current problems to your last 9 failures. They are not the same and YOU are not the same. Your entire life has been practice for you to capture your destiny right now. Why would you doubt that? Go conquer.
• Ask yourself, “What can I do better next time?” And then, do it next time.
If you spend a decade or two trying to be better, that’s exactly what will happen! Don’t spend your days worrying about the occasional mistake, as mistakes are a great way to learn about what not to do next time. Grab these stepping stones, move on and continue pushing forward to a better YOU!
• Proactively take the time to do things that fuel your passion!
Living in the moment requires you to live at peak performance, and a huge part of mental fitness is physical fitness. A sparring or running partner is a great way to refresh physical competition. (Physical activity accelerates mental motivation!)
• Make A Plan! Write It Down! Make Yourself Accountable!
Writing things down makes us accountable! Take five minutes, write down what is important to you and where you’d like to be in one year – two years or five years! Post your goals somewhere you will see them often and then, start believing!
Good Luck! Our minds are tricky creatures and self doubt can creep in quickly– push those excuses out of your mind and tell yourself, YOU CAN!
Latest posts by Tina O'Connor (see all)
- Waste not, Want Not: Reuse your Water, Simply. - May 6, 2015
- Go after what you want! - April 30, 2015
- Buckle Up – 2015 is Going To Be An Exciting Year! - January 15, 2015
- We Enjoyed Meeting You! - December 9, 2014
- Come & See Us at the National Women’s Show in Toronto this Weekend - November 6, 2014