Statistics show that we are interacting more with our digital devices on vacation than we are with each other. Families are encouraged to take daily, one-hour breaks from technology for a week and to disconnect from all things electronic, with the goal of helping spouses, parents, and children build stronger bonds to get more involved in each other’s lives. Pledging to take a ‘Tech Timeout’ while on vacation will lend to families relating on a more personal level, which is the ultimate point of the family vacation.
Even if you are staying home for a ‘Staycation’, ‘Tech Timeouts’ are still strongly encouraged. The same came be planned for weekends too.
Good Reasons to Use Tech on Vacation:
-Kids are ill.
-Reading stories or books in an online format.
-Watching a movie while travelling or on a rainy day.
-Using tech to look up something that you are all interested in learning about.
The whole point of a vacation is to reconnect with your family,
so make a point to slow down your connectivity with others.
Latest posts by Tina O'Connor (see all)
- Waste not, Want Not: Reuse your Water, Simply. - May 6, 2015
- Go after what you want! - April 30, 2015
- Buckle Up – 2015 is Going To Be An Exciting Year! - January 15, 2015
- We Enjoyed Meeting You! - December 9, 2014
- Come & See Us at the National Women’s Show in Toronto this Weekend - November 6, 2014